Parents and families in the 21st Century are pulled in directions previous generations could never have imagined, and they need support and community. Believing that the church can support them like no other institution in our culture, Living Compass has created resources for churches to use to support this important segment of our congregations.
*Living Compass Points can be used as discussion starters for groups of parents and grandparents. The discussion questions should then focus on the topics as they relate to parenting and family life.
*Living Compass Weekly Words of Wellness can be placed in your parish newsletter for parents to read or as discussion starters for gatherings of parents and families.
*Living Compass's program, the six week Parent Faith & Wellness program, can be offered several times a year for groups of parents with any age child. This can be delivered in an adult education format or in more intensive is a flexible six-session format that can be used for smaller groups.
When parents engage in the types of learning and discussion created in a Living Compass group, a deeper, more authentic community is created and, parents and families naturally build a richer support network at church. This ministry helps families cope more effectively with the stresses of parenting in the 21st century and helps parents think of the church as a rest stop in their busy lives.
The Living Compass Parent Faith & Wellness six week program has been adapted for use in churches in the following formats:
- Six-week Lenten Study for parents
- Sunday morning or mid-week sessions
- Personal study for parents
- In conjunction with pastoral care with clergy
- Fathers' group curriculum
- Mothers' group curriculum
- Couples group curriculum
- Group study in homes of parents
- Offered to the parish several times a year for parents or grandparents in congregation
- Six-month program that meets once a month to allow more time to reflect and work on FAITH steps