A Living Compass wellness ministry can include an array of offerings to support the health and wellness of the adults in your congregation. We recommend a layperson or clergy person attend a Congregational Wellness Advocate Training at the Nicholas Center to learn more about bringing Living Compass into your community. CWA Training.
Living Compass Weekly Words of Wellness can be placed in your parish newsletter or as discussion starters for weekly adult education gatherings or any creative way that would benefit your group. Sign up here.
Living Compass Wellness Pamphlets are used as discussion starters for four week adult education classes that focus on different wellness topics. The following are some of the topics available soon:
- Grief and Loss
- Parent Wellness
- Aging Well
- Mindful Eating
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Enhancing Your Well-Beig With a Spiritual Practice
Living Compass Adult Faith & Wellness program can be offered several times a year. This can be delivered in a flexible large group adult education format or in more intensive small group setting. Individuals use a personal workbook and trained facilitators use the Living Compass Facilitator Guide within your congregation or organization. This is a six week program that has been used in churches in the following formats:
- Six week Lenten Study
- Sunday morning or mid-week Adult Formation
- Personal study for congregants
- Pastoral care with clergy
- Men's group curriculum
- Group study in homes
- Niche groups in the congregation: newly retired, new parents, recently divorced, grief group, parents of teens, new to parish, etc.
- Vestry leadership enhancement for Vestry meetings
- Six-month program that meets once a month to allow more time to reflect and work on FAITH steps